Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Blog #2: Interview Check (Interior Design)

1. Who are you interviewing and why?
For my first interviews, I have chosen to interview two interior designers in my area.
For my first interview, I will be interviewing Barbara Volk. She is an interior designer at Classic Touch Interiors in West Covina, CA. I chose to interview her first because Classic Touch Interiors is in my community area and also because they are an established interior design business with years of experience.
For my second interview, I will be interviewing Lissette McKindle. She is the Interior Design Manager at IKEA in Covina, CA. I chose to interview her as one of my first interviews because she has experience at IKEA and offers a different perspective into the world of interior design than that of an interior designer at a design firm, like my previous interview. She works with various customers on a daily basis through IKEA offering interior design advice as well being a salesperson for IKEA all at the same time.
2. What additional questions will you ask them (in addition to the 5 we require)?
In addition to the five assigned questions, I plan to ask Ms. Volk and Ms. McKindle the following questions: 
Q: Why did you choose interior design as your profession?
Q: In your opinion, what is the most important element when designing a space (e.g. lighting, texture, color, etc.)
Q: In your opinion, what is the best part about being an interior designer?
Q: What is a typical day for you, professionally?

No comments:

Post a Comment