Monday, September 19, 2011

Blog #3: Senior Project Presentation 1

Five Minute Presentation Rough Draft

Lesson: Types of Child Care

Objective: Students will learn to identify several of the different types of childcare facilities. These include: Day Care Centers, Family Child Care, and In-Home Care.

Procedure:
1.     I will introduce my lesson by asking, “How many different types of child care facilities can you think of?” and I will call on three students to give their opinions/thoughts. (20 seconds)
2.    I will announce to the students that the lesson I will be giving is titled Different Types of Child Care. (15 seconds)
3.    I will then communicate to the audience what my objective is for this mini lesson. (See Objective above). (15 seconds)
4.     Using my presentation board, I will show the students a table of the three basic types of child care that includes a photo and a basic description. Here, I will expand briefly on each specialty. (1 1/2 minute)
5.     Next, I will check for understanding by calling on students and having them guess the type of child care like explained in the “Check for Understanding” section below. (1 minute)
6.     I will then communicate to the audience what my overall goal for this year and my senior project is. This is that I wish to discover something that I hope will become a career for me. (30 seconds)
7.     I will conclude with asking the students if they have any further questions or need any clarifications on the mini lesson. (10 seconds)
Approximate Total Time: 4 minutes

Check for Understanding: I will check for the students’ understanding by having the students play a small game. At the end of my lesson, I will have the students guess the type of child care by giving them clues and then calling on three students. Example: Which type of child care requires the caregiver to visit one’s home? Answer: In-Home Care.

Resources/Materials: To further enhance my lesson, I will be using a poster board organized as a table to show the different categories of child care. This will include a photo or sketch and a brief description about each specialty and their basic pros and cons.
 Evidence of L.I.A.
Literal: Thus far, I have learned many facts about child care and the different types that exist within it. For example, I didn’t know that there were so many different types of child care like Montessori schools, faith-based schools, in-home care, nurseries, etc. that served various clients, children, and purposes.
Interpretive: For this portion, I will draw connections from our lives as children. Almost every child in America has had some sort of caregiver be it a family member or at a facility meaning most of the audience members will have some sort of memory of a daycare they attended. Later in life, we will also have to deal with child care if we have children of our own. This, I believe, will allow students to further comprehend and identify what each of these different types of child care are.
Applied: This will be included in the conclusion of my Five Minute Presentation where I will communicate to the audience what I hope to achieve this year, which is that I hope to learn more about child care on a more professional basis and maybe even take it to the next level and make it a career.

No comments:

Post a Comment