Saturday, April 21, 2012

Blog 24: Independent Component 2

My Independent 2 has been a continuation of my first Independent Component: Yearbook.









Literal
(a) “I, Jocabehd Lobos, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.” 
(b) For my Independent Component 2, I have been in iPoly's yearbook elective working as an Assistant Photo Editor taking photos and writing copy for spreads.
Interpretive
My Independent Component demonstrates 30+ hours of work because being in elective class twice a week for 1.5 hours plus weekly editor meetings add up to that. On top of that, going to events like Pep Rallies to take photographs adds to that time so I can take photos. The significant parts of my component have definitely been taking photographs for the yearbook that will then be published in the yearbook come May.
Applied
My Independent Component 2 has helped me answer my EQ because it has given me a feel for what it is like for a journalist; working through deadlines and working with a large staff. It has also helped me answer EQ because I have improved my interviewing skills, which are pivotal to being a successful journalist.


Link to my Log: Independent Component #2 Log

No comments:

Post a Comment