Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Blog 27: Senior Project Reflection

1. Positive Statement
What are you most proud of in your 2-Hour Presentation and/or your senior project? Why?        -The thing I am most proud of for my 2-Hour Presentation would be the fact that I got plenty of compliments on my activities. Knowing that the activities were engaging and interactive enough for my audience was a big relief. Also, just knowing that the audience enjoyed and got the connection between my answers and activities was really nice.
2. Questions to Consider

a.     What assessment would you give yourself on your 2-Hour Presentation (self-assessment)? Why?        -I would give myself an AE because my presentation was very well thought out. I planned my groups to be publications and that tied into my activities and answers. I also demonstrated plenty of research and evidence, as well as a clear connection for the audience. I also added personal touches to my presentation such as the Press Passes that my audience received as part of my presentation. I think the small details like that made my presentation stand apart.
b.     What assessment would you give yourself on your overall senior project (self-assessment)? Why?        -Overall I would give myself somewhere between a P and an AE. I think throughout the year I have demonstrated work worth a P or higher consistently be it in science fair, research, or my presentations. Although there were one or two assignments in which I received an AP, I believe that the highlights of the year outweigh the very minimal amount of low points. 

3. What worked for you in your senior project?
        -For my senior project, my service learning worked because it gave me plenty of experience seeing journalism in action. My presentations also worked for me as I demonstrated extensive research and knowledge on my topic.
4. What didn’t work for you in your senior project?        -During the senior project, the Three Column Chart really did not work for me. Although some students succeeded in it, I found it very difficult and felt extremely lost and confused on the requirements needed and the end goal of the Three Column Chart. It honestly did not help me in anyway, but I believe that has to do with the fact that I tend to be better in the arts and humanities.
5. Finding ValueHow has the senior project been helpful to you in your future endeavors?   Be specific and use examples.         -The senior project, although extensive and stressful, has proven to be very useful. Next year I plan to be part of Whittier College's student newspaper, and thanks to my senior project I will have already had experience working at a student newspaper due to my service learning. It also opened my eyes to journalism and my dream of ultimately working for a publication. 

No comments:

Post a Comment