Thursday, February 16, 2012

Blog 16: Independent Component 2 Plan Approval

1. Write a description of what you plan on doing for your independent study component.

For my independent study component, I plan on working on the I-Poly Yearbook, The Globe. I will be working on copy (print journalism) and photojournalism. I will provide the content that will go into spreads. Last semester I worked on approximately 5 spreads and so, I hope to achieve that same number this semester, as well. As Assistant Photo Editor, my work will include taking photos at school events, choosing photos for the yearbook, interviewing for possible stories, attending weekly editor meetings, etc.
2. Describe in detail how you think your plan will meet the 30 hours of work requirement.
Yearbook work takes a lot of time. I have yearbook elective twice a week for approximately 1.5 hours each time totaling into roughly 3 hours a week. In addition to that, I attend weekly editor meetings that are approximately 1.0 hour each week. In total, I will be working on yearbook for 4 hours per week. Since the due date for the Independent Component is until a few months, I will have the 30 hours of requirement done by that date, if not more than the required hours.
3. How does your independent study component relate to your EQ?
Since my essential question and senior project revolve around the topic of journalism, yearbook is the perfect fit. The answers to my essential are most likely going to be skills and qualities needed for success in journalism, so what better place to practice and perfect the skills I will gain from my senior project research than yearbook. Interviewing skills, accuracy, and other answers all follow with yearbook and journalism alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment