Sunday, October 9, 2011

Blog 6: Defining the Essential Question

1. What is your EQ?
My essential question is: What is most important to success in journalism?
2. Define the words in your EQ to make sure we are on the same page regarding what your EQ means.
Important: most essential, most necessary
Success: Having a stable career, having recognition to some degree
Journalism: As of now, my topic is journalism in general, but I am most likely leaning toward having my topic be in print or photojournalism. Thus by journalism I mean the profession of working at newspapers, magazines, or any publications.
3. What are some possible answers to your EQ so far? 
As of now, some possible answers would be:

-Time management skills
-Experience
-Having interviewing skills
-Having a proper education in journalism
-Having journalistic ethics
-Having journalistic integrity
-Having journalistic credibility
-Being a good communicator 
4. What has been your most important source and why?  Be specific.  If it is a person, name them and what they do, if it is an article, book or video, name the title and author.  
My most important source to date would have to be: "10 Tips for Journalistic Success" by Bob Eggington. This article has been important to my research and my essential question because even though it is short and simple, it laid out everything that journalist's should have including time management skills, discipline, and connections.

No comments:

Post a Comment